Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Knackered

Well, my first day at work has left me well and truly knackered.  In so many ways the return was much better than I expected - a pretty gentle day in the life of corporate law, all things considered.  I had to get through hundreds and hundreds of emails and get used to recording my time again, but my entire team also came in to fete me with beautiful cakes from the Mandarin.  I felt so loved as every person in the office who saw me was so nice and seemed so happy to see me. 

It was really wonderful.

I've also had to work my brain again in a way I've just not had to in a while!  It's been both nice and challenging.  It was hard not to feel a little overwhelmed a little more than halfway through my day when I realized I really needed to pump but was also taking so much longer at reviewing a provision than I am used to. 

It's also just getting caught up with the deal background that takes a while.  But it's okay.  Small steps.

It was also a big contrast from just yesterday when I had so much time to spend with Lola and the boys.  Today I got to coo at Al and Teo in the morning after they woke up, eat breakfast with Lola and play with her briefly before she left for playgroup, and then come home and hold the boys for a bit before I ate dinner, and then chat with Lola a little bit before bedtime.  I'm not sure if that even adds up to two hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment