Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Great News!

I PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST! 

A nurse from my doctor's office called me yesterday and said something like "your glucose results are back" but her English was accented and for one heart dropping moment I thought she said "your glucose results were bad."  As I was still trying to process that, I then heard her say 'The results are all normal."  I gushed out a huge sigh of relief!  Phew.  

It's been just over six weeks since my delivery, and on Monday I went to the lab for my oral glucose tolerance test.  I was so nervous.  It's my third time taking the test (once when pregnant with Lola, once when pregnant with the boys, and now) and I am so thankful it will be my last time.  That sugary syrup just gets worse each time.  I almost gagged choking it down - it's awful because you're weak, hungry and tired from fasting, feeding and generally not sleeping - and winced repeatedly at how sweet it was.  Blech.

The waiting room was full of bemasked pregnant ladies who were there to take the test.  It was a very small waiting room and we all had to sit there and wait for two hours.  We all had to do three urine samples and get our blood drawn three (three!) times.  I kept cringing as I thought of how this was a situation ripe for coronavirus.  I also cringed every time I got my blood drawn - I'm so sick of needles!  I've been told by a phlebotomist that I have very juicy, plump veins (it sounded vaguely vampire-ish but I know she meant it as a compliment) but I'm so grateful I get to give them a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment