Saturday, October 28, 2017

Hong Kong Wine & Dine Event

This past Thursday, I went to the Hong Kong Wine & Dine Event with a friend.

While I felt a little awkward attending an event where the predominant event was drinking, I still had a good time because I got to walk around and see what was on offer.  I think it was doubly fun for my friend because she got to enjoy all of my wine tokens in addition to her own!






 

We had grand wine passes which allowed us access to the Grand Wine Pavilion, which was definitely the place to be.

My friend enjoyed at least four glasses of incredible wines, including a 1982 St Julien bordeaux, a 2005 Latour burgundy, a 1996 Italian Sassicaia and a few sample sips of Italian barolos, Napa cabernet sauvignons, and Argentinian pinot noirs.  Some of the dates on these bottles were eye-popping!








We also walked around sampling food from the various booths, which were separated into regions - France, Spain, the United States.  
 



 In some ways, the event was typically inefficient like many Hong Kong events - way too many people, not enough space in the food tents, poorly arranged ordering and payment system.  In other ways, it was still kind of fun to walk around and sample stuff.
 
 They also had a bunch of wine sampling classes.
 
Overall, it was a fun event and I'm glad I went even though I didn't get to drink any of the amazing varietals that were on offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment