Thursday, October 26, 2017

34 Weeks: Bump Pic, Please Buy Our Bed, List-Making and Organizing

Hello!  This week has seen me trying to (1) take it easy, (2) avoid working out, (3) sell a bed, and (4) organize our apartment, all to varying degrees of success.

First up: the Belly at 34 weeks!  Wowza, this thing has really made its presence known in the last few months!  I look super distorted and the angles in these pictures are all off because Michael doesn't know how to aim a camera phone properly, ahem ahem.
I am trying not to go to bed too late, although it's my lifelong tendency as a night owl.   On the flip side, I've also for the first time in my life been trying to sleep in (usually not a problem for me, but in the weird science experiment (joke?) that Nature decided to play on women, pregnancy has changed this).  I'm also still sweating and running a bit hotter than usual.  It's probably the first time in all of our time together that I am frantically lowering the temperature and blasting the A/C, while Michael complains it's too cold.

I have REALLY been on a list (get-things-crossed-off-the-list) kick, which is why it's kind of killing me that we can't seem to get rid of our single bed in the guest room.  It's a really nice bed, it's incredibly heavy, and we're almost at the point where we're going to pay someone to come and take it away (ok, not quite there yet - but getting close).  This bed is causing ruckus and mayhem in our apartment!  It is currently taking up all the space in our living room. 

We are also scratching our heads trying to figure out how to get a changing table, a huge wardrobe, a crib and a comfortable chair all into a tiny space.  Anyone with a beautiful nursery in the U.S. - I don't want to speak to you right now.  I think I'm working with about 1/6 or 1/4 of the space.  Apartments in Hong Kong are built so inefficiently.

I also haven't felt motivated to work out at all this week.  I signed up for a cycling class and promptly canceled it.  No yoga classes look or sound appealing.  I just end up walking home from work every night, which isn't so bad because it gives me about a half hour to listen to my podcasts.  I need to start looking into books on tape... 

Speaking of books, I've finally gotten around to reading "Strangers in Their Own Land" by Arlie Hochschild - and to balance the seriousness and sociological non-fiction aspects of it, I have "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" by Taylor Jenkins Reid as a fluffier fiction respite.

And that's about it.  Tomorrow's Friday, the weekend is in sight, and I'm hopefully wrapping up one of my two remaining big deals on Halloween next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment