Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Pool, and the Accessories (Big Sunglasses) to Go With

I realized when we moved in to our apartment in spring of last year, that I never properly documented our pool area.  Our building has a skinny long pool for laps (though it's shallow throughout) and a very shallow baby pool (ostensibly for babies but also great for sitting in to listen to podcasts/read while getting some sun).
Entrance to the pool through the men's and women's locker rooms
 While the pool is not large by serious swimming standards, it's a really pretty great size for Hong Kong, and even on weekends (which is really the only time I get to use it, let's be honest) it's never really crowded.  It can be a little bit odd to look up while you're swimming or floating and realize that ALL of these apartments and high-rises are surrounding you and can see you very clearly.  But then you quickly forget about it, heh!
A few of the long pool from one end

The other end of the long pool
The baby pool
Loungers by the baby pool, and lots of greenery
It's crazy, but right beyond that little oasis, just over a wall - is a VERY main thoroughfare!  It's never loud though, thankfully.  I don't think I've ever heard a car or bus honk.

I recently picked up a huge pair of what I affectionately call bug sunglasses.  Yesss.  I really like them - the size, the slightly winged tip, the geometric sides, the black lenses...

 
Here's to more sunny pool days!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful to this blog giving unique and helpful knowledge about this topic, I read your blog now share great information here. This blog increse my knowledge source .
    ของแต่งรถ

    ReplyDelete