Saturday, March 18, 2017

Trip to Tokyo - Michael's Birthday (Part 2)

Oh yes, lest you think that the whisky tasting in TST and Peking duck was all the celebrating we did, I'm here to tell you that we went to Tokyo!!

I surprised Michael with a long weekend trip.  Now that my firm has an office there, it makes it possible to work remotely.  I managed to keep it a secret from him, but barely - he knew something was up and kept dropping hints about trips that he would love to take.

I've been in Tokyo multiple times, the first one back when in college when my mom and I took a mother-daughter trip during intercession my freshman year.  Gosh, that was a long time ago.  Then, my second trip was, to this day, still one of the best and most memorable trips I have ever taken, a weeklong trip to Tokyo with a bunch of law school students.

But each and every time I go, I fall in love with the city all over again.  Tokyo is just so unique, so interesting, so different - and there is so much value to be found.  Everybody takes so much pride and responsibility in their jobs that everything - everything! is quality, and you always get what you pay for.

On the brilliant recommendation of a friend, we stayed at the beautiful Capitol Tokyu Hotel - a lovely hotel in Akasaka situated on a slight hill, overlooking the Hie Shrine.  The prime minister's residence was right next door.  The location is very convenient - the hotel connects directly to the subway so you do not even have to go outside.   With two entrances, you have easy access to the surrounding area.  The hotel also boasts one of the most intimate and beautiful bars, The Capitol Bar, which we really enjoyed during our visit. 

We stayed in a premium corner room, which had nearly floor to ceiling windows on all sides, including a huge picture window in one of the most beautiful bathrooms  I've had the privilege to experience in Tokyo (luxurious separate shower and bathtub facilities).

 Here are some pictures of the view from our room, during the day and at night:

 The lobby was airy and bright, and very comfortable and soothing.

 The nearby temple was very quiet and peaceful.
 The hotel was full of beautiful, elegant touches like these artfully arranged fresh flowers.
This is the Capitol Bar - all sleek wood, leather chairs, and mood lighting.  The bar overlooks the nearby park and, at night, makes you feel like you are suspended in the world's fanciest treehouse.
 The birthday boy indulges...

No comments:

Post a Comment