Monday, March 27, 2017

Shopping at Sai Ying Pun Wet Markets and Sunday Spicy Hotpot

I went to a friend's house for a tantalizing spicy hotpot dinner last Sunday night.  I love, love love spicy hotpot and needless to say, was very much looking forward to this.  I'm not sure about the science behind this, but I can eat nearly double my usual appetite's worth when it comes to hotpot.

I went to the wet markets to pick up some fresh razor clam, fatty beef, and mushrooms as my contribution to the dinner.  I know it's probably kind of weird, but I really like the wet markets here.  It's so much fun to go from floor to floor to see all of the fresh fruits and vegetables, and seafood and meat.  My favorite floor is the seafood floor - I love watching all of the delectably fresh catches of the day.
  I probably like the shrimp and clams section the best.  Here, the guy is cleaning my razor clams.
 Later that night, a saliva-inducing feast!
 After stuffing myself improbably with all of the foods, we sat down to a beautifully set, fresh new table with tons of fresh fruits and cakes.  Everything was so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment