Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Taipei Trip Report - Shilin Nightmarket and Hotel Toiletries

For the last bit of the Taiwan trip report, here are some of the foods we tried to sample during our really hot and sweaty stroll of the humongous Shilin night market:






 Shrimp fishing is a big activity.
 The pineapples and durians in the night market are really big.  I got a whole bunch of fruit (it was inevitable).
Also, I saw this article and had a good laugh.  Hotel Toiletries, A Study  I thought all this time I was crazy for being so irrationally attached to nice amenities in hotels - and it turns out I was just honest enough to recognize it!  This article also makes me feel (much) less bad about taking hotel toiletries.  It's really funny because I notice the toiletries right away and am very quick to be disappointed or elated.  They are super cute in their mini sizes (not to mention super convenient for use when traveling)... but this means the Grand Hyatt in Taipei is doing something wrong because I did not take any of their toiletries - not a one.

No comments:

Post a Comment