Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Power Suit (Dress)

I recently went to a tailor to acquire some more business-like attire in my wardrobe.  I wanted some sheaths that would be appropriate for meetings and conferences, which could hopefully replace a two-piece suit.  In hindsight, the dresses are fine and beautifully lined, but I'm not sure that a purchase from Ann Taylor or Gilt or Saks or Bloomingdales or any other myriad number of shopping outlets available to women wouldn't have also done the trick. 

One thing I've learned from this process is that a lot of women's clothes are made from very stretchy fabric.  I tend to classify polyester or rayon or viscose as inferior to wool or cotton or silk, which I informally consider the "premium" fabrics.  But, polyester + rayon + viscose is what gets you the clingy, fitted, stretchy dress that flows and hugs the body.  Men don't need that in their outfits, but women do.  Or at least, I think women do!

I may give this another go, but I'll likely leave the custom made stuff to the men and revert to hunting for a good bargain online...






No comments:

Post a Comment