Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Homecoming

Hello friends,

I'm back.

It has been a while since I posted - and there are a lot of vacation updates to provide.  The three days in Paris and five days in Marrakech were lovely and a nice break from reality.

While I get my pictures in order, however, I just thought I'd muse that... this particular homecoming has been rough.  Perhaps vacation was too carefree?

As cliched as it is to say, I really felt the weight of the world on my shoulders yesterday and today.  It's amazing how the smallest of problems can become magnified until each issue seems to take on epic proportions.  In my more rational moments, I know that these are all small problems exacerbated by terrible timing and lack of sleep.

But in my more hysterical moments...

Take your pick:  being confronted unexpectedly at work, engaging in a few heated verbal disputes with my previous landlord over the security deposit, trying to untangle the cable and internet provider's reasoning for how they're charging higher prices for slower speeds and less (missing) channels, waiting on hold endlessly as I am bounced around and wait to speak to said cable and internet provider (and never receiving a satisfactory explanation despite three agents and an hour long phone call), an uncooperative and unresponsive property manager, or the unexpected and disappointing noisiness of the new apartment.

Sometimes, sometimes, it just feels like a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment