Monday, November 19, 2012

Cooking

I have been in a cooking mood as of late.

The food that I prepare is not fancy by any means.  It tends to be unadorned but undiluted.  Mostly I find the process of washing, chopping, simmering and boiling quite satisfying. 


grilled okra with lemon and sea salt
jambalaya with celery, onion, sausage





based on my grandma's oxtail soup recipe
simmering pots in a productive kitchen!
pork chops with onions
Each time I finish making the meal, I marvel at the stacks of dirty dishes I manage to create.  I sure do miss the dishwasher.  That said, stay tuned for my Thanksgiving feast*.




*Note: I am mourning the absence of Thanksgiving here in Hong Kong.  It is possibly the best American holiday.  And no one here realizes/remembers that it should be a three day week this week.  Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment