Thursday, November 29, 2012

Birthday Part Deux

Well, I have been really getting into the swing of this birthday thing.  Today, I arrived at work to find this:



I was stunned!  Hydrangeas (turned out it was one massive hydrangea), peach roses, white sweet peas, yellow calla lilies and orange ranunculus.  It was a beautiful bouquet, wrapped up in brown paper and ribbon, with the cutest little clothespin attaching a note.

It was from work!  I couldn't help but feel more tender toward the job.  They really know how to get me.  Fresh flowers, man.  I brought it home so I could enjoy it in the apartment.  I had to rearrange the bouquet though, because it was so massive it refused to fit in my vase.

The end result: Our current apartment could pass for a florist's.


Separately, I booked a little pick-me-up treat for myself this afternoon at a spa near work.  It was a spa treatment called "For Heaven's Sake," which was a cute little pun because the treatment consisted of a Japanese sake bath soak and a sake rice scrub, followed by an hour long massage.  I quite enjoyed it.

The soaking tub.  It was a really deep tub - very tricky to get out when you're all covered up in slippery suds!
Mystery keg next to the tub.  Maybe it was filled with sake??
BLISS.


Clearly, like Thanksgiving, birthdays should come around more than once a year.

1 comment:

  1. I meant to comment at the time, but I loved all your birthday posts (especially the flowers!) and I loved knowing you were having such a good day so far away :). Hope December is just as flower-filled!

    ReplyDelete