Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Missive From Far Away

G'day mate, I hate being such a sporadic poster on the blog, but these past few weeks have truly been brutal for me.  I was away again last week from Tuesday night through Thursday night (and both times, I caught the red eye flight, ugh), and I left again on Monday night.  I was also at the office from morning until night on Friday, Sunday, and up to the point of going to the airport on Monday, so my presence at home has been very fleeting as of late.

Last Friday was particularly brutal because I woke up, landed, picked up my luggage, arrived home, hugged Lola, showered, and headed back into the office.  What can I say?  The long haul commuting life style is not one to envy.

Yesterday (Monday if you're still keeping track) was very bittersweet because I hugged and kissed Lola goodbye, not having an exact return date.  My parents land in Hong Kong on Wednesday morning and I will not be there to greet them.  I packed optimistically (lightly) assuming I will be on a return flight home on Friday night, but who knows!  It just sucks.
waking up to this view
I think the only good thing about all of this is the executive decision I made to upgrade when I got to my hotel.  I went from a crappy construction view to this.  And unlike last time, the weather is beautiful here today.




2 comments: