Friday, August 17, 2018

TGIF!! Weekend Plans and One Week Until Tuscany

TGIF!!!









 Clearly Lola is on board. 


I had a pretty nice Friday - the skies have just been relentlessly dumping on us, but I had a manageable bit of work paired with a very nice client lunch where we ate an enormous amount of sushi and sipped champagne in honor of a client's belated birthday.  My next week looks decidedly less manageable - an ominous bout of negotiations is already casting its long, dark shadow - but I am going to ignore it.  Denial is bliss.


I have planned a pretty action packed weekend,  For Saturday, I plan to try out a new pilates studio followed by a pedicure (yes, a total treat!  It's amazing what passes for fascinating things in my life now), and Michael and I plan to check out a kid's club on the south side.  At night, Michael and I have a double date planned at Bibo, the fun French restaurant in Hong Kong that is decorated with Banksy street art, followed by (if we're not completely exhausted) a rousing game night at our friends' beautiful apartment.


On Sunday, I am attending a CPR course in the morning, followed by a swimming pool playdate with friends and their son.  I really hope it doesn't rain. 


In between all of this, I have to pack.  We leave for Tuscany on Friday night and, at a two week trip,  this will be the longest period of time that we've been away since Lola was born.  As we will be staying in pretty rustic towns/remote villages, I want to ensure we have everything we need in case we can't find it in Italy.  I am in countdown mode - I can't wait*!


*Except for the nearly 13 hour flight from Hong Kong to Rome.  I wish we could just skip over that part.  I think the law of relativity is that hours spent on an airplane with a baby is multiplied fivefold.

No comments:

Post a Comment