Wednesday, August 15, 2018

A Rainy Weekend: Spaghetti Fun, Brunch at Feather and Bone, and Giggles Galore

It rained incessantly this past weekend and we all, especially Lola, had a huge case of cabin fever.  Now that we've lived in the tropics for so long, I don't think I can ever go back to winter again... but now I have a new life goal - to live somewhere really dry.

Jovie came up with the idea on Saturday morning to let Lola engage in her favorite activity right at home.  I took these pictures of Lola that ended up being all backlit (gah, elementary photography mistake), but she had such joy in her expression that I am going to post them here any way.  Let the record show how passionately our little sweet pea loves messy play!

 
Mind you, she was just shrieking and sighing with happiness.  She loved draping the pasta on her legs, and also flinging the spaghetti in her hands and watching them wrap around her wrists.  She was also not above shoving entire pieces of pasta into her mouth.  Italy, here we come!
 
To get out of the house for a bit, Michael and I went to brunch at Feather and Bone, a butcher shop/restaurant.
 
  
We sat at the counter which provided us with a fantastic view of all of the delicious slabs of steaks and meats being prepared.
Michael got the steak and eggs, which he said was quite tasty, and innovative with a dash of paprika.  The meat was cooked to a perfect medium rare.  I didn't sample any of the dish, but my one critique was that the eggs looked like they had been prepared a little too early and had cooled a bit.
 I got the baked eggs with sausage, beans and tomato.  It was tasty and hearty and the (heavily) buttered toasted bread sticks were a guilty pleasure.  My one critique was that there were slightly too many beans.
 We didn't let the rain keep us down though, on Sunday we were just fooling around in the house.  Lola is so cute when she grins, gurgles, giggles and cackles that I often find myself resorting to ridiculous sounds and faces and gestures to try to elicit a sweet reaction.  We didn't get to make it to the pool, or any outdoor parks, or playrooms, or clubs (maybe next weekend!) but I think we ended up making the most of it and still managed to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment