Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Baby Manicures

So, I've become the official manicurist in the house.  Now that Amy, our confinement nanny, is gone, the burden of clipping and filing Lola's precious little fingers has fallen to me.  I have been avoiding this task while Amy was here because the thought of taking sharp scissors to Lola's tiny hands seemed incredibly nervewracking, but now that I have done it I'm glad to say it wasn't as bad as I thought.  The trick is to make sure she is passed out in a deep, immovable slumber.

I say manicure, but there's certainly no buffing or polishing going on here - just the standard clip and file.  The tiny pieces of nail that I cut off are so small that it barely seems like I am making any progress.  However, better to cut off minuscule bits in many attempts than to cut off too much in one attempt!

Thanks to my friends also who recommended to me the best baby scissors to use (Piyo piyo, in case anyone is wondering) and suggested using a baby nail file to smooth over the rough edges as well.

To my surprise, I actually found cutting Lola's nails a satisfying and sweet experience.  I loved getting to hold her little hands and splay open her soft, dainty fingers while she slept so peacefully and trustingly on my lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment