Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Happy Memorial Day!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend stateside.  I spent most of it working!  Monday of course is not a holiday here (although Tuesday the 30th is - Dragon Boat Festival).  But I still spent most of it working! 

Anyway, enough complaining.  Michael and I had a pretty laid back weekend.  We went to a friend's house for delicious food and a rousing game night, which went until well past midnight.  She just moved into a beautiful, huge, airy apartment (very hard to find in Hong Kong) and we oohed and ahhed over the space. 

We were also treated to the most amazing pork belly, served taco-style with Mexican rice, guacamole, pico de gallo, and tortillas, as well as freshly grilled fish with lemon.  Dessert was a very tasty key lime pie.
 This pork belly was sooo good!  It has opened my eyes to cooking meat sous vide style.  They said it takes 20-30 hours, which seems like an incredibly long amount of time to plan ahead, however, the results were pretty amazing.
 I had two fish tacos with LOTS of lemon, yum!
We then spent the entire night playing Catan, which I've mentioned before.  I don't like Risk (and never got into it when others in college did, showing their bloodthirsty megalomaniac tendencies) but Catan, I love!  This was my second time playing.  If you like strategy, coupled with luck, and acquiring things (who doesn't), particularly roads and houses and cities, you will love this game.  It's like a (much) more interesting and exciting game of Monopoly, with some sophisticated cartel-negotiating and resource bartering thrown in.

No comments:

Post a Comment