Thursday, May 25, 2017

London Shopping - Dresses and Accessories

I had an amazing time shopping on my recent London trip.  I actually exercised remarkable restraint (if I do say so myself) and only bought one bag, four dresses and an assortment of facial products.  I was very tempted to buy a wallet but I haven't decided yet on what style and color.  Given that it now seems I will be headed back to London in July, I have time to think and plot what else I want to buy!

One of my favorite places to shop, as I hinted in my posts from Easter, is Selfridges.  It's a very nice department store, akin to a Bloomingdale's or a Saks Fifth, but with a younger and more accessible feel.  I like that it has lots of brands (all with their own standalone stores) but it's a good sampling of the newest and best brands that London has to offer.  It also has almost all of the big brand bags and accessories, so you can check out everything under one roof before heading out to boutiques on Marylebone High Street or Bond Street.

While here, I bought a green dress from Sandro, and a navy blue sheath dress from Reiss.

One of my friends put me on to L.K. Bennett on my last trip.  In the U.S., she's known as a shoe designer first and foremost (and I believe it's in large part due to the Duchess of Cambridge that she has become so famous), but I find I quite like her clothing.  I picked up a tailored black dress here with a pleated lapel front that looks almost like I'm wearing a jacket, except not.  It's currently my favorite article of work clothing.

I also had to have at least one splashy splurge, so my friend and I opted for the Saint Laurent tote.  It was so fun walking into the fancy boutique on Bond Street and oohing and ahhing over beautiful tote bags.  I can see why people call it retail therapy!  I decided on a very simple black one, which I think will be the most versatile.  I use it as my every day work bag and it's wide enough to fit all my legal documents and papers, while also being light enough (for a leather bag) - a hard combination.

This time around, I didn't have any time to go anywhere, but I did find an L.K. Bennett store just around the corner from my office.  So I went and with the help of a very enthusiastic shopkeeper, bought another dress.

Now, clothing and accessories documented, I want to move on to the potions and lotions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment