Sunday, December 4, 2016

Lunch at Morty's Delicatessen and a Pretty Present

I had an enjoyable lunch with some colleagues at Morty's Delicatessen this past week.  They style themselves as a New York deli and, while they don't quite manage it, they get close enough to make me happy. 

Pictured here is the Reuben sandwich with a very juicy fat dill pickle and a tangy slightly spicy dressing. 
I don't know if it was because I was super hungry (had worked up a bit of an appetite shopping and running errands) or because it's been so long since I've had a good deli sandwich (something I truly did not appreciate while living in New York), but I inhaled this thing in a matter of minutes.  It was really good and I will definitely come back.

Morty's Delicatessen
Jardine's House, Shop 2-14
Lower Ground Floor
One Connaught Place, Hong Kong

Separately, I got a nice little surprise birthday present in the mail from Michael's mom, which was just so sweet.  I think someone knows I like flowers!


 It is a really pretty, really fiery opal necklace!  I love it.  I think opals are just the most romantic and moody stone.

No comments:

Post a Comment