Tuesday, December 6, 2016

The Perfect Gift and Drinks at Sugar Bar

For the last of my birthday present series (I promise!)  -- I came home to this pretty gift wrapped box on the bed, with a very sweet and heartfelt note from Michael.  
 
What a nice surprise! I love the red ribbon.  Is there anything better than seeing a beribboned box from a beautiful store carrying high-end beautiful products (see here), just beckoning for you to open?  Sheer carries an extensive line of beautiful and elegant brands that can be difficult to find in Hong Kong, and has, hands-down, the prettiest packaging.  Also, I loved the present he got me - it was exactly what I'd been thinking about for myself for months, and I can't believe, through a ton of research and persistence, he managed to find exactly what I wanted!

Separately, 'tis the season for client holiday parties - I have four lined up between this week and next week.  For the first one, to kick off the holidays in style, we hosted drinks for clients at the Sugar bar in the East hotel out in Taikoo.  
 
It's a bit removed from the usual Central humdrum but the place is beautiful and has a very relaxed, quiet feel to it.  The vistas from the outside terrace are stunning.
You can see the bar sign reflected in the glass
For a Monday night, the place was actually very well populated.  I highly recommend if you want to go somewhere a little quieter that is less of a scene - but still swanky and fancy.  There is an extensive drinks menu and their food was actually really tasty (especially their fried chicken, salt and pepper squid, and french fries).

Sugar Bar
East Hotel
23/F, 29 Taikoo Shing Road
Taikoo, Hong Kong
+852  3968 3738

No comments:

Post a Comment