Monday, December 12, 2016

Happy Holidays and a Countdown to the US!

Let's look at this beautiful tree and celebrate the holidays that are yet again so quickly upon us!  I can't believe I am about to depart for the US so soon and that 2017 is just around the corner.  Wow.

On to the less cheery tidings:

I am feeling a bit lonely, as Michael left for the US today.  It's weird how quickly I miss him - he was barely out the door and I already felt bereft!  Coupled with the end of year craziness as I eke out the next few days at work and try to finish all of our errands before the new year,  I am feeling very much in need of some holiday cheer.

As usual, the week leading up to my trip back to the US is fraught with stress.  Last week was quiet (too quiet) and lured me into thinking that I would have an easy year end.  This weekend was wonderful - leisurely with some yoga workouts, a nice book, and dinner with some close friends.

None of this prepared me for the tornado that was today (Monday), where somehow (I kid you not) four projects (some new, some revived) kept popping up out of the woodwork.  

Doesn't matter though, que sera, sera.   It's all going to get done (somehow) and I have all of my friends and family to look forward to seeing when I'm back, and it's going to be fabulous!  Squee!

No comments:

Post a Comment