Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Moment of Silence

I stopped posting for a while, not because I stopped eating or going out or working or seeing friends, but because I just didn't feel like talking about these events.


Some bigger things have been taking place in my life, and I didn't feel like this was the right forum for airing them but I also felt like I couldn't just sweep them under the rug while blithely nattering on about superficial things. 


Suffice it to say that the events and emotions from this first week of May will not fade from my memory anytime soon. I am not sure if anything has been resolved to my satisfaction, but, in truth, I am also finally learning that there are things in life that may not ever be fully resolved, period. 


This is not to say that the pictures or posts that I put on this blog are not meaningful - my musings, adventures, zeal for food, are very much an embodiment of me and my voice and my values.  The things that make up this blog, as small and as inconsequential as they may be, are what I savor. But as we all know, blogs allow us to easily avoid the dark, messy, frustrating things that are an inevitable part of our meager little lives.  By necessity, my blog is a carefully curated record, suspended in a vacuum, containing a relatively isolated accounting of a few very select things in my life. 


If this were a different blog, and if I were a different person able to share such personal trials and tribulations in a public forum, then perhaps this would be the audience privy to a frank peek behind the shiny patina.  But I am not that person, and this is not that blog. 


So a long period of respectful silence seemed apropos.  But now, the sun is out, the work week is coming to a near close, and for the present moment, some semblance of peace and normalcy is at hand.  And frankly, I've also missed this space. So, all is well, or as near well as can be, and I think that will have to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment