Sunday, November 26, 2023

Back in HK, Off to Singapore, Back in HK, Happy Thanksgiving!

I finished my travels in the US and returned to HK last Sunday morning (effectively losing my Saturday - so odd how that works)!  And I have been enjoying the lovely Hong Kong fall weather and being back with the kids.  I've taken to dropping the kids off at school as much as possible in the morning.  Hard to believe we are in Christmas holiday season!
The kids have been a delight.  
Lola was fighting a bad ear infection but finally thankfully over it.  We have been working a lot on her spelling, reading and writing. I'm so proud of her. 
The boys are admittedly still pretty bad at tennis, but their soccer skills have noticeably improved.  They continue to live each other and be each other's best friends, except when they hate each other and are not BFFs.
Before I returned from the US, the kids enjoyed a fun day celebrating Singapore in Central. 
After I returned, I still had to go to Singapore, for possibly the shortest trip ever, landing and arriving at my hotel at 1:30 AM and departing the next day after a day of meetings on an 8:15PM flight.  My hotel had a beautiful open roof pool and view, and so did the client's offices, of downtown Singapore.
Upon my return to Hong Kong, we went to get the kids' return permit for China, went to two Thanksgiving parties, and generally tried to enjoy our weekend.  I also planned their birthday parties (more detail on that soon). The weather has been glorious. We have been going to the Aberdeen Boat Club a lot.   I turn 40 tomorrow and I am still not sure how I feel about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment