Monday, November 6, 2023

NYC

I was back in New York City on a business trip last week, and it felt really surreal and amazing (as well as at times exhausting) to be there.  I stayed at the Conrad in Midtown, then at the InterContinental Barclay. I liked my suite at the Conrad, but it made me realize no one does luxury like hotels in Asia.
On my first day I went for a brisk walk in Central Park.  It was a beautiful day.
I really enjoyed walking the streets both in the day and at night, though I knew to be more on guard and have a better sense of "stranger danger" than I do in Hong Kong.
I got to go see a Rangers game with my friend Emma.
I went home with my sister and got to see my grandma and aunt and we captured this rare picture. 
I was back in the city and saw friends, old acquaintance, ex coworkers, all over town. 
My sister and I enjoyed a nice dinner at Olle and a nice lunch at the Bar at the Modern.  Overall, I would say it was very cold in New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment