Monday, September 12, 2022

Playdates and a Beach Day

We have had an action packed weekend.  I'm a glutton for punishment but it's like if I don't have two activities each day on weekends and public holidays I feel like there's room to cram in more.  Heh, overdo it much?

Yesterday we had a lovely playdate with friends that have two girls around Lola's and the boys' age and then they just had a third.  We went over to play and have lunch and the kids ended up playing with water balloons on their roof deck.

 I also met another nice family (from the US!!) who just came out to HK two years ago. We hit it off really well and it was heartening to find an Anwrican expat couple,  and newcomers to boot.  That is so rare nowadays!  Everyone seems headed the other direction. 

In the afternoon we went back to Bamboo Grove for another playdate with another friend who also just had a baby.  The kids had a blast on their podium and also in the indoor playroom.  There was a resident there whose daughter happened to go to school last year with Al and Teo and the mom recognized them by name.  This happens constantly??!!  Anyway the girl had a really cool motorbike.  I swear Teo is going to turn into such a player, he has such a sly and cheeky grin, an infectious laugh... he also really likes money, pretty girls, planes and boats... trouble with a capital T.
Al showed off his skills on all kinds of bikes, scooters and riders.  He is very athletic.

The residence has a fast two story yellow slide and a zip line that Lola loves.  She really wants to go swim in their pool.  We came home and the kids devoured their steamed fish dinner, leaving nothing except the carcass.  Who knew they would love fish so much?? 

Today we spent the entire public holiday at the beach.  Apparently everyone had the same idea because it was packed. We saw at least five sets of friends while at Maggie and Rose, and then we had a separate playdate with one of Lola's classmates.

 I got so much sun I am glowing brown.  I think my skin turned at least 3 shades darker.  

Unfortunately I barely took any pictures because I didn't have my phone with me, and I certainly didn't take any pictures of the beautiful crab that Lola's classmate dug up.  The kids were fascinated and managed to play with that for probably a good hour.  

Lola loves soft warm sand and was happily buried at one point.  Her expression probably encapsulates my feelings toward today.  Sun, surf, sand, followed by friends and ice cream, what could be better?
I count the excursion a success because I managed to get all three kids into the water (at different times, one by one, as the ocean is no joke), and Teo got in not once but twice, and Al actually got in and was not bawling his head off. Hey, progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment