Saturday, September 10, 2022

Happy Mid Autumn Festival

The beauty of accessing my blog from my phone is the ease of uploading pictures in real time. I also feel way less compelled to make a huge long post, recapping everything.  I guess it's inevitable; this is the world we live in now, and with three active and rambunctious ones and the kind of action packed social lives they're starting to have, I am learning to embrace the imperfect in exchange for utility.  I can't let perfect be the enemy of the good.  At least now I will have some snippets put down for our fallible future memories.

We are heading into Mid Autumn Festival here, the second most important Chinese holiday after Chinese New Year.  It is a three day weekend.  The kids and my mom went to Victoria Park to look at the lanterns.  They ate at FRITES again, the same as last year.

I can't say that they enjoyed it very much, as they were very hot, the boys wanted to climb into/onto/under the lanterns, and Lola was mostly preoccupied with the fact that I didn't eat dinner with them and that I was separately headed to an (adults only) black tie work function at the Shangri la afterward and would not be around to put her to bed.

I am still really glad we went to the trouble.

The night before we had our own little festival at home by setting out our lanterns and moon cakes.

We have all been looking for the moon but alas, have not seen it recently.  
This little firecracker is going to try an intro to drama class next week.  As you can see she has plenty of imagination and is adept at fabricating storylines on the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment