Friday, August 23, 2024

A Whirlwind Two Weeks - Homecoming!

So I know I just posted about the Outer Banks, but it already feels like worlds away since our return to Hong Kong!  It has been a very nice but very busy couple of weeks since we came back.

The first week was just rolling with the jetlag punches and trying to get the kids back on schedule.  Lola read a ton, the boys had some playdates, the kids went to check out a Hong Kong transit museum out in Sha Tin we usually never have time to go see.  They also went to WaterWorld with friends.  Lola lost her first front tooth!  Over the weekend, we all went to scooter around the Wan Chai promenade, despite the heat, Lola had a ballet audition, and then I took the kids to check out the American Club's revamp of the Eagle's Nest.  We also enjoyed the return to Hong Kong and ate dim sum shaped in funny characters.
I started working out again, having rediscovered my love for hot yoga while in the East Hamptons this summer.  It's kind of weird that I walked away from yoga cold turkey for nearly 5 years, but being back in hot yoga reminded me how good it feels and how much I love it.  At work I also got back into the swing of things in the Asia time zone.  Coming back to reality with school starting next week also meant lots of paperwork, registrations, emails and getting activities in order.

The second week was aerial yoga camp for Lola, soccer for the boys (where they saw auntie Lyn) and haircuts.
That weekend we hung out a lot with Aegis, Lola's cousin who just moved to Hong Kong (!) Which the kids were very excited about.  Michael returned to Hong Kong last weekend on Sunday night.  He wanted to be here to take the boys to orientation and for everyone's first day of school.  We now have 3 kids in SIS at the same time and it is honestly bewildering how much paperwork and emails we get from the school.  
This week has been mostly about getting accustomed to school and new teachers.  Lola lost another front tooth! And finally, a big part of my focus has been getting our apartment tidied up and ready, as we have expanded into the apartment next door. So there is a lot of work and excitement going into that. I was never really a Pinterest user and I now have 5 boards and hundreds of pins.

And there you have it!  Honestly, I don't know where the time went, but I swear I have been non stop busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment