Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Fun Times with LaoLao and LaoYe


My parents are now in Australia and New Zealand having a fantastic time exploring the sights on a cruise, but they'll be back in Hong Kong and then we will have a reunion with them in Taiwan for Lola's and my birthday at the end of this month.  After my parents' travels in Asia, they'll get to see Lola in New York when we return for the holidays.  I spoke with them yesterday and they had so much fun in Sydney (starting with the fact that they managed to see more than just the Opera House and the bridge) - it was such an overwhelming contrast from my own personal experience!

Here are some pictures of Lola's adventures with my mom (LaoLao to Lola in Chinese) and my dad (LaoYe to Lola in Chinese) while they were all hanging out together in Hong Kong.

I may have mentioned that Lola loves teasing us with her food.  Here, she would keep trying to feed  LaoYe by reaching out with her hand with food while she was eating and he was busy (reading the newspaper, catching up on messages or organizing pictures on his phone, etc.)
 
But then when he finally paid attention and got close and asked for a bite, she would delightedly retract the food and pop into her own mouth with a happy and satisfied grin.  Ha!



I thought this was so adorable - Lola just wanted to see what had her LaoLao so intrigued.  Plus, a phone! 
What are you looking at?  Can I see?  Please please please...


My mom learned early on to watch her phone around Lola:
One of my dad's favorite activities while here was carrying Lola around on walks to the park.  Clearly she loved it too.
 
 Lola and LaoLao hanging out on the couch (though of course Lola refuses to stay still):
 
 
 While my parents had a blast hanging out with Lola, I was also grateful for the opportunity to go out to dinner with them one night.  We went to a famous claypot rice restaurant just down the road from our apartment.

Then I took them to get some traditional Hong Kong dessert a couple blocks farther down the street.
And finally, I leave you with this picture which I love dearly.  Awwwww.  Lola hardly ever calms down to do this with anyone, so this is a rare moment captured on film!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment