Monday, June 4, 2018

A Fun Filled and Action Packed Saturday

Wow, we did a lot of stuff this Saturday! 

The morning started off with a call between me and my sister to catch up while Lola enjoyed her rice cereal.  She loves eating with a spoon, and continues to love her high chair, as it allows her to be at adult eye-level and feel like she's part of the party. 
She also really likes hitting the table with her open palms and dropping every object from such a great height.  The high chair - who knew it would provide such entertainment.

Here she is, once she was cleaned up, but before she dropped all of her toys off the edge.
 Objects are mysteriously disappearing!
 
Then I took Lola to our swimming pool for the first time.  She has been in a plunge pool in Vietnam and Singapore, but not the one in our building.  She liked the baby pool, getting comfortable enough that, while propped up on my knees, she reached her legs out and splashed around a little bit. 

But she only barely tolerated being held by me in the big pool, as evidenced here.  Our building pool continues to be amazing - not at all crowded even over the weekend (if you go in the morning).  The pool will be a nice respite this summer because Hong Kong has already been so incredibly hot and stifling.


Does she look worried to you?
After the pool, I squeezed in a yoga class with my favorite teacher before taking Lola on a playdate with a few other girl friends and babies!  I dressed her up and put a bow in her hair.  She has a bald spot at the top of her head so her front fringe is particularly like a bad comb-over currently, but a pretty clip hides that problem quite well.  We really can't complain given she has a lot of hair for a 6 month old.  It's getting pretty curly at the ends in this humidity too.
Hello!
Peace out
 I had a great time at our mommy and baby lunch date with my friends and our babies.  One boy was two and a half and the other boy was just 3 days older than Lola.  In fact, they had first hung out as newborns side by side in their bassinets in the maternity ward, although they will never remember it.
Everyone was so happy to see Lola when we first arrived that she got a bit panicked, cried and clung to me for dear life.  Eventually she allowed my friends to hold her but not for long.  She also tolerated one of my friends feeding her butternut squash.  It's a tough life, having all this attention and people wanting to hold you and feed you! 

We ate at Rosie Jean's which was a lovely cafe with decent food and a really nice outdoor area full of toys for kids.  They also had a nice set up with industrial fans and lots of air conditioning (a must in this sweltering heat)! I think we'll be heading back there soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment