Thursday, December 1, 2022

Highgate Christmas Fair

We are officially in Christmas holiday season, yay!  This past weekend we went to a lovely, heartwarming and sweet Christmas festival at the beloved Highgate school, a fundraiser event but also one of the best school fairs around.  I never cease to feel like we are being embraced in the warmest, happiest of hugs when we come here.  The best way I can describe it is through a kaleidoscope of scenes: the sounds, sights and smells of warm bread baking, ombre rainbow tie dyed cloths and baskets of felt and wool, outdoor play, puppets, candles, lots of simple but creative crafts - and then something tight in your chest that you didn't even realize was there loosens and you can take a big deep breath.
The best part for Lola was when she grasped the concept of a raffle, and we bought a ticket (lucky number 34).  She was so anxious about not winning or not getting picked that I was anxious. Already my friend and I were standing behind whispering about what to do if she didn't get picked, although the teachers had told me there were so many prizes that the chances were *very* good.
And then the moment when it was called, oh that was pure joy (and relief on my part)!  It took Lola a second to check her ticket but then she was right there to redeem her prize (a free pizza at PMQ).

No comments:

Post a Comment