Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Happy Birthday to Me

Gosh it feels like only yesterday that I was celebrating my 30th, and now I'm celebrating my 39th!  And yes I had to do some mental math there to make sure...

It was a really nice one. Simple but still indulgent, which may be the best of all worlds. Thanks to Michael and the kids and the aunties and my family and friends from near and far for making it so!

I got beautiful flowers, freshly roasted coffee, and the most delicious spicy hotpot dinner followed by a fruity cheesecake.  

I took the day off from work and proceeded to spend the whole morning lazing in bed reading an entire book (yay), had lunch with the boys, hung out with them, then went to a stretching /rolling class, followed by a trek to MyGym to see the boys in action.  

Lola happened to have a very busy day so I didn’t get to spend as much time with her, but the next couple of days will be completely focused on the little princess and her FIFTH birthday (!!) so all good there also.  

There was one incident last night she was so devastated upon realizing that a pink floral and ribbon dress that she had spotted and wanted to buy for me in Repulse Bay had not actually been purchased on my behalf.  I think it was a combination of wanting to help me unwrap my presents (which according to her really had to be ON the day; no belated or delayed gratification for this little one) and being really sad because she didn’t have a present (which she thought was so pretty and fitting for me) to give me when she thought she did.  

But little does she know that that sweet sentiment and thoughtfulness of hers was the best present of all.  I'm so touched that she knows my style?!  What a precious and thoughtful, 貼心心肝寶貝 daughter she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment