Friday, April 16, 2021

It is 9:42 PM

and I just looked at my watch and was shocked because I thought it was at least 11:30 pm.  It felt like that anyway.  

I went to bed last night at 2:30am, woke up at this morning at 6 am, worked on a document in the three hours between when the kids are at school or napping and when I had to go pick Lola up (because we're down a helper on Fridays and the boys have playgroup where they each need an adult accompaniment leaving me to pinch hit), had lunch with the kids and waited for Lola to nap so I could try to cram more work in before she woke up, except she didn't nap... doh.

And then I juggled three calls, tried to draft and send emails while in the car on my way to meet the kids, and then had a dinner playdate with friends and their kids, except Lola lost it on the way home because she was so overwrought and tired... and I struggled to put her to bed by 8:30 pm, trying to evince patience outwardly while inwardly panicking and groaning at the thought of the work that was still waiting for me to finish...

and was late to a video test call for my upcoming presentation, except the technical test didn't happen due to technical failures, and then I finished a mark up of a 60 paged agreement that I had to send out to the client, and oh yeah because something else blew up I have an urgent matter waiting for me first thing tomorrow morning.  

This was my Friday.  

It's still Friday?!  This day has been so long.  No wonder I am exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment