Friday, April 23, 2021

I Miss Blogging! and Some Fun Updates of Al and Teo, who are Changing So Much Every Day

 I miss blogging.  I miss those years (years ago!) when I would blog nearly every day, or every couple of days.  To have that time, and energy, and interest, and enthusiasm!  Now I am lucky if I remember to pay rent on time, and actually just this morning I was appalled that somehow it was time to do taxes again.  How has it been a year already since we waded through our mess of credit card bills and receipts and tried valiantly to get our taxes submitted on time, while promising to do better for next year?  And now it's next year and there is no improvement, not as far as these eyes can see.

Full disclosure, I'm on here at 11:20 and I know I should be sleeping but I poured myself a glass of wine and I'm working my way through that while I swim (slog?) valiantly through my Thursday evening knowing the weekend is around the corner.  I'm also so (like way too) hyped up on adrenaline after having just done a live webinar at 9 pm at night from my office.  

 Like Lola said to me on Tuesday, "it will be Wednesday tomorrow, and then Thursday, and then it will soon be SATURDAY!"  She too knows the power of the weekend, except on Saturdays all she wants to do is go to my office with me (insert a you-know-what emoji face here, except it is so cute that she wants to go to my place of work and make phone calls and type on my keyboard and be "very very busy," so actually, insert conflicting emoji face here).

I have a full day tomorrow (when do I not anymore?) but I am scheduling a happy hour in with some good friends.  I also splurged on a pair of ridiiiiiculously overpriced shoes in a fit of retail therapy.  Except I am still thinking about it.  Do I keep them, or not?

And also because the kids are so cute, and changing so much every day, that I cannot in good conscience let another day go by without posting some pictures of them.  Al and Teo are walking now - Al walking so so well, and Teo almost there and getting stronger and steadier by the day.  Honestly, it cannot get any cuter than Al chasing a ball or balloon in circles, shrieking happily as he bends down repeatedly, picks up his ball and throws it, in an endless and tireless iteration of fetch.  Teo almost always doesn't walk anywhere without someone holding his hand.

 First - a random picture of a full fruit bowl, which brings me immense happiness.  We chow down on fruit in this household and we can get through this entire bowl in less than a week, just among me and the kids.  

In early April the pool at the American Club opened and we went a few times.  The boys are off camera here unfortunately.
This is a classic pic of Al and Teo - playing together but apart.  I joke they're sometimes like magnets, where they don't want to be attracted to each other but then can't seem to help it and find themselves  drawn to each other again and again.
Teo is 1 cm taller than Al, and Al is about half a kilogram heavier than Teo.
Beaches also opened up early April, just in time for Easter.  We went to Repulse Bay beach over that long weekend.  I love this picture of Teo and Auntie Lyn.  He loves her so much. 

Here are the usual pictures of us at Maggie and Rose, except check out Teo, that nut!  He loves water and he kept sticking his tongue out to drink the water from the sprinklers.  I couldn't stop myself from laughing hysterically. This guy is adorable.
A close up.

All fun and games.
This picture though made me think Teo just likes sticking his tongue out for everything!
On another occasion, Lola got to drive a toy Tesla on the rooftop there!  So cool.

Look how happy these guys are!

Finally, I got the chance to celebrate a good friend's 40th birthday at the always delicious Arcane.  It's been a good April and I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment