Tuesday, March 24, 2020

A Pictorial Update


Recent events all around the world has been gripping and alarming and I find it hard not to get sucked down the vortex of bad news every night.  Before I realized it it's been nearly a week since I last blogged.  I'll say it once and I'll say it a hundred times - this has been the most surreal first quarter of any new year, and certainly not the kind of maternity leave I was anticipating.  It has been a very long three months.

I have on many occasions however thought with immense gratitude about how I happen to be on maternity leave.  While juggling newborn twins and Lola and the coronavirus has been stressful, I'm not sure how I would have been able to work from home effectively on a long term basis.

We are all doing well here at present (knock wood), although the second wave of coronavirus that has come back around Hong Kong due to all the international travelers who have returned from contagion hotspots has gotten us newly worried again.  There are many reports of people flouting quarantine rules, including people who deliberately cut off their monitoring wristbands.  It is disheartening and frightening how selfish and inconsiderate people can be.

Grim news aside, I'm going to continue indulging in escapism by posting pictures of the boys and Lola.  My kids - I'm so grateful for them and for what joy and light they bring to our lives during these unprecedented times.

Before this second wave of coronavirus, we were going out with Lola in limited but regular amounts:

















 


 


We went to the American Club for dinner one night randomly and Lola was SO happy sitting between her mom and dad.  What a treat!

 
Lola has been having a lot of fun playing with my parents also.  We took advantage of my parents being here to escape for our first date night since the twins were born.  While we were gone, here they are en route to "Italy".



Lola loves chocolate milk, as evidenced by her large milk mustache!
We put the boys in matching blue and plaid onesies a couple of days ago.


 


 It's been getting warmer around these parts.
 I caught the two of them chirping like two songbirds in the early morning.  They are at their brightest and most energetic between 4:30 and 6:30 in the morning... heh heh.

 
It's so hard to catch Lola with the boys, she moves as quick as lightning.  To date I still do not have a good picture of all three of them together.
 
Yesterday I went for a long walk with my parents.  It was 82 degrees out and the sunny hot day seemed too good to pass up.  Typically I would have started going to the gym by now but the gyms here are infection accelerators and I am diligently avoiding them.  It looks like I'm going to have to summon up some willpower from somewhere and do some home fitness.  The thought of that alone makes me exhausted!  Here I am 12.5 weeks postpartum, wearing a support belt which sucked in and hid a lot of the jiggle.  My entire "stomach" area could really use a lot of work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment