Friday, September 7, 2012

Week Recap continued

Last night, I attended the launch party of Reiss in IFC with my friends.  The dresses and patterns were colorful and attention-grabbing, but nothing could capture my attention as swiftly as the free manicure booth in the corner.  I opted for a purplish-gray, but now immensely (oh, the agony!) regret not going for the electric neon coral.

We then grabbed hotpot for dinner at Megan's Kitchen in Wanchai.  They are famous for a Tom Yum cappucino souffle soup base.  It looked like this: massive cappucino in a soup pot!



It was a bit misleading though, because the soup tasted sweet and foamy at first, but then quickly revealed its true spicy and sour character.  However, it was delicious and I ate my weight in meat, vegetables, noodles and tofu, so I am not complaining.  I liked  that each person gets their own individual pot, so there is more flexibility in soup base selection.  It is also more sanitary (if you care about stuff like that).



After dinner we headed to Billidart, a sprawling bar with the most sophisticated beer pong tables I had ever seen, and a number of dart boards and billiard tables.

Tonight, we are going to Tango Argentina Steakhouse, then will try to meet up with a variety of friends in LKF.

Phew!  So many, guests, so little time!

I then leave on an 8:35 am flight Saturday for Taiwan, to join my sister who has been there for a week already.  I'm excited to see relatives I haven't seen since early spring of 2010.  I love booking super early flights because once I have a destination in mind I am impatient to maximize my time there.  Invariably, by the time the actual departure arrives, I am exhausted and regret booking such an early flight.  Inevitably, the next time around, I will forget and book an overly ambitious flight yet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment