Monday, June 11, 2012

Journeys

The lack of posts this last week was due to a hectic combination of work (lots of it!) and the usual madness of trying to cram in all of my packing and errands before heading out to New York.  For some reason it always feels more hectic to me when I'm leaving for the airport during the day - even if it's during the day Friday instead of at night on Thursday, which theoretically gives me more time to pack.

The flight to New York wasn't too crowded, but I had a terrible headache that started at hour 3 - which was really quite awful considering we had another 13 hours to go.  Michael and I co-opted the exit aisle and stretched out, then settled in for a long night / morning of movies and meals.  My headache-turned-monster-migraine led me to skip my usual frenzy of devouring as many new releases and shows as possible.  I only watched "The Safe Room" (which to my disappointment starred Ryan Reynolds - really??)

We then went to my sister's commencement ceremonies at Dartmouth - the weather cooperated beautifully, with every variation of green in the abundant grasses and trees, set against a dazzlingly clear blue sky. During much of the ride up, I could only marvel at how wide the highways were, and how much space there was everywhere.  Expanses!  Visiting a college campus teeming with eager and excited graduating seniors (and staying in the dorms) had me reminiscing about my own college experience.  I couldn't help but relive my own feelings at that tumultuous time, and then marvel at how much my little sister had grown, and how quickly time had passed.

Next, our trip to the outer banks of North Carolina.  Lots o' driving, coming right up.

No comments:

Post a Comment