Monday, January 16, 2012

Snapshots of My Morning Commute

My street - note how narrow the sidewalks are.

Lots of steps run adjacent to the escalators, and all along the way there are shops, bars and restaurants.  The escalators go downhill from 6 am until 10 am, and then are switched to run uphill from 10 am until midnight.

Bird's eye view from one of the escalator platforms.  According to Wiki, this is the longest outdoor covered escalator system in the world.  It spans over 800 meters long and over an altitude of 135 meters.

Stand on the right, walk on the left - a "rule" not really always followed.  

Put your octopus card (the equivalent of a metro card,/credit-debit card) over the sensor to get HK$2 discount on that day's ride!  Oh the things the NYC MTA could learn...

This is the part I like to walk down really fast.

This is one of my favorite stretches of my morning commute - the market on Gage St.

Elevated walkways are a really big thing here.

Approximately 12 minutes from door to door, I'm at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment