Sunday, April 28, 2024

Back in HK, Reunited with the Fam!

So here I am! Back in Hong Kong after a 2 week whirlwind trip to the US, and wide awake at 5 am on a Sunday morning (have already been wide awake for an hour now).  I missed everyone so much I moved my flight up to depart on Friday afternoon instead of late Friday night/Saturday morning.  

It led to a nice surprise, because Michael packed the kids in the car after dinner and without any further ado they started heading to the airport.  He kept trying to distract Lola.  Al noticed right away that they were headed the wrong direction from home, and when they got into the Western Tunnel Teo asked, "Is it that we are going to the airport to pick up mommy?" So that was pretty fun!

To pick up where we last ended on this blog, I had just returned to Hong Kong after a very packed schedule of meetings in Tokyo.  I had just the weekend with the kids before flying out again late on Sunday night. It was so bittersweet leaving them, especially because I knew Lola was struggling a lot with the separation.  But we also managed to get a ton crammed in that weekend, starting with aerial yoga on Saturday morning, followed by a birthday party at Aberdeen Marina Club (for all three kids), followed by a sleepover (Lola's first, at her friend's house for her friend's birthday).  On Sunday, Lola went to Disney with her friend, the boys played and learned Chinese and math at home, then hung out at Aberdeen Boat Club.  Michael went with the driver to pick up Lola, then we all reconvened at Aberdeen Marina Club with another friend for a swimming playdate.  The kids loved the water slide at the pool there.  I loved that the club allowed helpers so we could have an extra person on hand to help!  For dinner we then took a boat out to Middle Island, just Michael, me, Lola, Al and Teo, to enjoy a little quiet time together and a sweet hangout before I had to head to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment