Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Affordable Art Fair and WaterWorld

As promised, we are going back to the beginning of summer!  This was a post I wrote but didn't manage to finish, at the middle/ end of May.

********

I had a thoroughly enjoyable Friday.  

I took Lola to school this morning like I have been doing all week, except this morning it was just me and her.  The boys didn't have school.

I love doing school drop off.  She likes for me to stand there and see her go up. I love waving like the cheesy enthusiastic and totally uncool mom that I am.  I like doing drop off for the boys too.  We walk along the pier discussing which boats we like (Teo has said he will buy me the big white yacht, good son that he is), and observing the various tugboats, police boats, kayaks, and ferries, before they head into their school.  Al always asks me to stand right outside ("you wait for me here, ok?!").
I jumped at the chance to take the boys to the Affordable Art Fair.  They joined an art tour and then did their own portraits.  I quickly used that time to walk around scoping prints.
We said these were Lola, Al and Teo.  It is so sweet how, despite their occasional squabbles, they always include each other.
We went to Waterworld also, which was really fun except the boys didn't even get past the baby slide area, and after the boys left Lola actually told me she missed her brothers and wanted to go home, which I found so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment