Saturday, November 30, 2019

Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Birthday to Me! And 33 Weeks!

It has been a lot of celebrations this past week, with, in the order I shall set out in this post, Thanksgiving, my birthday, and my hitting 33 weeks.

We celebrated Thanksgiving in our apartment on Thursday evening, with two Peking ducks and all the trimmings (cucumbers, spring onion, wraps, plum sauce), cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes stuffing, brussels sprouts, a chocolate pecan pie and a pumpkin pie.  Everything was made from scratch! And Michael bought a lovely bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape to pair.  I allowed myself a small half glass of wine and generally watched my carb intake, but it was a great meal.


 On Friday morning I was awakened by Michael and Lola coming into my bedroom with presents and flowers!  It was so cute and sweet.  I was given a lovely bouquet of flowers, a beautiful set of Japanese bowls, and two airy, light, beautiful cashmere and cashmere/wool blend scarves.  I love them!  He also got me a desk chair for the small desk in my bedroom, although that isn't coming for another 2 weeks because they have to custom make it with the cream/gold fabric that I want.
 Then I was treated to a lovely lunch at beefbar with my coworkers and secretaries.  I had a really delicious kale salad with anchovy dressing paired with a beautifully cooked ribeye.  They turned it into a birthday party and baby shower, and I got a sweet card with vouchers to mothercare.  They were also very thoughtful and set me up with a candle lit cheese platter rather than a cake, although none of the secretaries who arranged it have children/have been pregnant/were aware that I couldn't have unpasteurized cheese or blue cheese.  Nonetheless, it's the thought that counts!
 I indulged and had a ricotta cheesecake dessert which was really not very sweet.
 I also got a beautiful bouquet of flowers from work, which I would argue surpassed all the ones from previous years in freshness and quality.
For dinner that night, given it was my choice of food, it was a no brainer - hotpot!  We got a non-spicy and a spicy pot going and had several kinds of beef, pork, shrimp and fish, as well as my favorite vegetables (frozen tofu, white radish, and chrysanthemum leaves).  Lola is already a hotpot fan, clamoring from her chair, "I want my meat!" and "I want my wagyu!"

Jovie outdid herself considering she had only made pumpkin pie and chocolate pecan pie for us the night before - by making me a most beautiful and delicious strawberry (low sugar) cake.  Truly, it was so yummy.  I'm not sure if I've ever had a cake made from scratch!  They all sang happy birthday to me, including Lola, which made me very happy.
And finally, I've hit 33 weeks!  I feel bigger than ever and my stretch marks are now out with a vengeance.  Unlike last time when the marks were mostly on the sides, now it's not only on the sides but also directly in front, where my belly is probably stretched the most this time because the shape is so sharp.  

Also, it's official, I am bigger now than I was at nearly 39 weeks with Lola, because I went back and checked out this blog and the shirt I was wearing at 38 weeks barely fit me last week.  Yikes!  Check out the belly:

 
This one is particularly comical because it's just all belly and projectile belly button!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment