Wednesday, May 30, 2018

A Quick Saturday Night Dinner Date

Here are some pictures from this Saturday when Michael and I went to Etsu Sushi for dinner, followed by dessert (for me) at Auntie Sweet.  We got a plate of sashimi, a plate of sushi, a jug of hot sake, some a la carte pieces of sushi (fatty tuna and salmon), and tuna and spring onion and cucumber rolls, and gobbled it all down.  It may have been the fastest dinner on record - we showed up at 8 pm and were done by 8:45! 

 I snapped the picture after Michael already ate the choice piece, the fatty tuna. 
We weren't that impressed by Etsu Sushi though - I thought the scallop wasn't very fresh, and they repeated all of the same cuts of fish between their sashimi and sushi platter.  They also charged a ton for their a la carte sushi (perhaps our fault for not checking) and the restaurant was cold and empty.  We were really surprised by the bill when it showed up!  

As for dessert, I've been wanting to try Auntie Sweet for years and when I saw it was right next door I couldn't resit.  I opted for their chilled durian tofu custard (admittedly, durian is a very stinky fruit, and it is an acquired taste)!
 Michael was horrified and barely able to contain his sentiments.  He was also the only non-Asian person in the entire restaurant.
With my more keen and diverse (read: superior) taste buds, I was more than happy to dig in.
 Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment