Tuesday, May 22, 2018

A Fancy Date Night at Whitegrass

Picking up where I left off nearly a week ago, it was Michael's first time in Singapore, and we decided to make Saturday night into a date night.   I was all about going to hawker stalls (and in fact had quite a short list from my foodie friend) but the Golden Mile Food Center and the Chinatown Food Hall didn't have quite the romantic ambience that we were seeking.
 So I decided to splash out on one of Singapore's Michelin-starred restaurants.  Last minute reservations were hard to secure, but luckily the Capella pulled through for us.  Ultimately I decided on Whitegrass, serving Australian-Asian fusion cuisine that had garnered very high praise from lots of patrons on Tripadvisor and food blogs.  It was located next to the Caldwell House in the Chijmes complex.


We even dressed up.
 

It isn't impossible for us to go out on date nights, but they happen very infrequently now such that, sitting at the nice table and facing our menu choices, we opted for the 8 course (8!!!) discovery menu plus a bottle of wine.  It's probably such a new parent move - oh my gosh, it's so hard to get out, let's go crazy!

I can't even remember what we ate (every dish came with an exposition that was at least a minute long) but I dutifully captured pictures of everything.  You could tell that they had put a lot of thought into putting the many ingredients together.  I wouldn't say it was the best meal I've ever had (plus, how do you even decide that!), but it scores high marks across the board.
 


 
 
 
 


Whitegrass
30 Victoria Street
#01-26/27
Chijmes, Singapore 187996
+65 6837 0402

http://whitegrass.com.sg/

No comments:

Post a Comment