Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Fat Pig - Happy Hour

I went to a Princeton alumni event this week, held at The Fat Pig, one of Tom Aiken's relatively new restaurants in Hong Kong.  It's not hard to figure out the subject/obsession of this nose-to-tail concept restaurant, but I still was not entirely prepared for how heavy and deeply fried and porcine the dishes were.

I was glad to try some of the food (deep fried pig ears, deep fried pork skin, sliders with pork stuffed onion rings, and thinly sliced choice salami and prosciutto) but felt very thirsty afterward.

Overall, I was very happy to meet some new alumni, though I have to admit that it is a little bit shocking to hear from people who have graduated in the class of 2012 or 2014.  ::Shudder::


The Fat Pig
11/F, Food Forum, Times Square
1 Matheson Street
Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
+852 2577 3444

No comments:

Post a Comment