Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Diet of a Rhesus Monkey

Salad at Mana.  Isn't it pretty?  I love the vibrant colors.
I consider myself a pretty healthy person - I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, stay highly hydrated, and avoid meat in large quantities.  But lately I've been trying to eat healthier, especially for lunch.  In figuring out what constitutes "healthier," I basically ask myself the question, what would a rhesus monkey eat (minus the invertebrates and insects)?  Unfortunately, this means my lunch expenditures will increase.

I don't know if this diet will give me more energy or make my hair shinier or my skin brighter.  (Jury's still out on that!)   But I think this plate of greens and quinoa has to be better for me than barbecued pork with rice or MSG-infused wonton noodles... 



No comments:

Post a Comment