Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lily and Bloom

I've been meaning to blog about this place for a while now.  It is so close to my work (my work being conveniently located right in front of the premier partying / clubbing / drinking neighborhood in Hong Kong - it is real fun to be working late at night on Friday or Saturday around here, let me tell you...) and I pass it every time I go to a class at the yoga studio.

Called Lily + Bloom, Lily is on one floor and Bloom is on the other.  Although the restaurant will serve food from the bar and vice versa, the space and the vibe are set up to be somewhat separate.  The bar is industrial and modern but tinged with romantic touches: plush leather couches and velvet chairs, against a backdrop of steel counters and rough wood tables, softened by the warm light of candles flickering in small delicate votives.  The cocktails are quite delightful.  There is also a secret cigar room (it has a door that swings open only if you know where to hit the door) and the only hints of its presence are the cigar aromas emanating from one corner of the bar.  The whole thing squeals masculine romance.

I went to grab drinks here with some co-workers for a client development event tonight.  Free drinks, free food and shmoozing are almost always my cup of tea, but today I was really really looking forward to it because I had pretty much wanted a glass of...alcohol...starting at lunchtime.

...Why, oh why isn't it Friday yet?  You know it's kind of bad when you find yourself wondering on Tuesday how the weekend could possibly be so far away.  Almost...

No comments:

Post a Comment