Friday, July 13, 2012

Fruit Juice Tour

I love the fresh squeezed juices readily available on the streets of Hong Kong. They are more prevalent in Sheung Wan and Wan Chai.  This past weekend, I went on a "juice tour" of my own designation.  I began with a fresh milk and papaya shake, which had too much milk and not enough ice.  Then I proceeded to get a fresh pear and guava juice, which I was skeptical about initially because I thought those particular fruits would produce too much pulp.  That was the star of the tour.  Then, for my finale, and for comparison purposes, I stopped in at a fancy organic/vegetarian health conscious cafe.  I ordered the green apple and celery juice.  I normally do not like to mix my fruits and vegetables, especially celery, but this drink was quite refreshing.  Of course, I had picked up some (deliciously fragrant) flowers at the market along the way!

Green against green

No comments:

Post a Comment