Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Geeking Out

Most of you probably know that I love to read.  However, you may not know how much I love libraries as well: the rows and rows of faded, taped, thumbed-through, loved (and often abused) books, the well-worn chairs and tables, and yes, even the smell (dust, dank, a dash of mildew).

Public library cards have traced my moves from city to city around the United Sates: Queens (Bayside branch, represent), Great Neck, Chicago and New York City.  So it comes as no surprise that one of the first things I looked up here was the library.  To my delight, Hong Kong has an extensive library network and what looks to be a pretty good e-books collection.   The branch closest to me is at City Hall, one floor above where the city issues marriage licenses.


What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment