Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Happy New Year!

Whaaaa it's 2024!!??  This was the first year I was physically present in Hong Kong, awake and saw the fireworks, in all my time living here.  I didn't realize it was also the first time the fireworks were back since the pandemic.

I got to see them with my lovelies at a friend's apartment, which had an amazing view of Central and the fireworks.
The days since we returned from Phuket have been busy.  The kids went to a French winter break camp for a few days.  I think their favorite part was the dress up and puppet show.
Then we had to send Michael off to the airport, as he is working from the US for the next month and a half (ouch)!

Other than that, most of our time has been spent at the carnival and circus, which is in town for a little while.  The kids are really into the carnival rides and games at the moment - we managed to go twice in three days. Our second visit was only cut short by a bad accident as Teo got his finger pinched in the pinball game.  The kids were super excited that they all won a little yellow ducky.  I try not to think about how much those useless stuffed animals really cost....
Al, Lola and Teo silhouettes!
The sad thing is that I am so utterly bad at carnival games that I can't win the kids any stuffed toys, and Michael is currently in the US. He left just before new years, even though he really didn't want to go and I know he is stressed and worried about leaving me with the kids. So many times at the carnival that I found myself wistfully wishing he were there, to throw basketballs, beanbags, hoops, rings, darts...I mean THESE are the life skills that count, amirite??

The helter skelter (which the kids all recognized from Peppa Pig) was probably the most popular.  I lost count how many times we went on this.
However I would be remiss if I didn't mention the flying elephants, the helicopters, the swings, the bouncy castle and crazy long inflated slide (which I had to do double time and alternate going down with Al and Teo), endless car rides and a rollercoaster train, a talking tree, countless sculptures, Lego, and, another favorite, kayaking!
Next post is about all the fun we had celebrating the boys' birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment