Friday, December 23, 2022

Mother Daughter Snorkeling Adventure

Lola and I did something really amazing yesterday, we had our first mother daughter snorkeling trip!  I couldn't get over how brave she was, and how she was willing to try over and over again at snorkeling in open water.  You forget how scary and intimidating the ocean can be, between the choppy and unpredictable waves, the stinging salt, the difficulty of managing your equipment (snorkel,  mask,  seal) and just the sheer depth and darkness of the water. 
It wasn't (and hasn't) been sunny every day, so the sky has been a bit overcast and dramatic, but we also didn’t have to deal with thunderstorms or rain so still a good result. 
We pulled up to a small island about 30 minutes from our resort. The water was so clear. 
Our guides were so kind and dove repeatedly for starfish for the kids. 
I sat on the edge of the boat and felt moments of sparkly happiness. I wish I could have had more of a chance to snorkel but oh well.  Even just being on the boat and seeing open water did wonders for my soul. 
On our boat ride home I just savored the clouds, the water, the view. 
On our way home, we saw little fish flying/ skipping over the water, and were fortuitously blessed with a sighting of a dolphin pod!  What a lucky day. What a great trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment