Friday, October 14, 2022

PoPo Leaves Hong Kong

My mom is headed off to Taiwan after 4.5 months with us.  I am sure there were many parts of this stay that were as challenging for her as it was for us. It's not easy to share a small space for a long time. But on balance I am still so grateful she came out here for me, to be with us, to get to know the kids better, and for them to become better acquainted with her.   For better or worse, she endured a very long flight with a lonely, cold, and hungry layover in Seoul, and a week of quarantine, for us which is not exactly fun.  And more than I can say that I have done!  I hope she leaves with a light heart filled with memories of her incredibly adorable grandkids.

I took her to Cornerstone for lunch on Wednesday, which was good but not excellent, then to Masa for a set lunch on Thursday, which was amazing.
 The kids gave her hugs and said goodbye before they left for school. And then it was time to head to the airport on Friday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment